Getting through the cold times of the year
Now that fall is here on the northern hemisphere and winter is approaching, we might all need some ideas on how to fight a sore throat. This is a list of treatments put together by a bunch of friends – the initials indicate the originator of the ideas. Thank you all so much!
- pastille: sage (N.R.), elm, Riccola, yes, the Swiss stuff (S.S.) – zinc tablets at the beginning (R.W.)
- candy: sour candies (B.J.), licorice (J.B.),
- drops/tincture: Echinacea (K.K., N.R.)
- drinks: hot lemon tea with honey (B.J., E.S.) – Throat Coat Tea (K.K.) – hot fresh lemon tea with fresh ginger (N.R.) – clove tea (J.B.) –Hot Toddy (K.W.)
- other: gargle with warm salt-water (S.S., K.W.) – chicken soup (E.S.) – nose spray (R.W.) – quit job (S.S.)